Michael J. Griffith has been going to battle for Florida residents for nearly 50 years, helping them in the areas of criminal defense, personal injury and family law.
A short clip of a walk through natures paradise.
Serving Clients Throughout the Florida Panhandle Since 1990
In any profession, it is widely accepted that experience plays a key role in the level of proficiency you can expect. This is never truer than in criminal and civil law where the attorney you choose can have a major impact on the outcome of your case. This can deeply affect your future in both the short and long term. In such cases, you will want a true professional who genuinely cares about you and the situation you face, whether it is criminal charges, injuries from a traffic accident, or a painful divorce.
When facing such legal challenges, life can feel uncertain and frightening. You may feel you have lost control and are subject to the whims of others. However, this is not true if you have a fighter in your corner – an attorney who knows how to throw a legal punch. That is what you will get when you turn to Michael J. Griffith, P.A. Our firm puts a true ally on your side, both in and out of court.
Reach out to Michael J. Griffith, P.A. to discuss your legal needs with our Pensacola lawyer in an initial consultation by contacting us online or at (850) 495-7977. Spanish and French language services are available.
Whether you've been accused of a crime or injured in an accident, we understand that this might be one of the most difficult times in your life. It's during these times when you need all the support you can get, and someone who will ensure your best interest is pursued and protected. If you need powerful legal support, don't look any further. We will fight for you!
Pensacola attorney Michael J. Griffith has close to 50 years of experience in practicing criminal defense, family law, and personal injury law. He is well-known and respected for the major positive results he has achieved at both the state and federal levels. This includes recognition for his legal work as written about in the New York Times and seen on court TV as well as networks such as A & E.
Michael J. Griffith has earned many accomplishment over his career, including being admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court, co-authoring a book about motorcycle injury compensation, and being named to the Top 100 Lawyers in Florida. His success in achieving decisive wins for his clients is based on a passion to serve people in need, his strong sense of justice, and his unwavering support for the underdog. While you may feel the criminal or civil court systems care little about you as a person, Attorney Griffith levels the playing field with his extensive experience, skills, and client service.
Hard-Hitting Legal Representation in Florida
At Michael J. Griffith, P.A., we have handled thousands of cases involving criminal charges of all kinds, complicated divorce and family law matters for both straight and same-sex couples and parents, and those seriously injured in car, motorcycle, and other accidents. Whether your case involves a criminal, civil, or family court matter, we know that it is the most important issue in your life and unique to you. That is why we approach each case with attention to detail, in support of your needs and goals, and based on a legal strategy tailored to you.
What Do Criminal Defense Lawyers Do?
Criminal defense lawyers are legal professionals who specialize in defending individuals or organizations facing criminal charges. Their primary role is to protect the rights of the accused and ensure they receive a fair trial. Here are some key responsibilities of criminal defense lawyers:
- Legal Advice: Defense lawyers provide legal advice to their clients, explaining the charges against them, the potential consequences, and their legal options. They help clients understand their rights and make informed decisions about how to proceed with their case.
- Case Analysis: Defense lawyers thoroughly analyze the facts of the case, review evidence, and assess the strengths and weaknesses of the prosecution's case. Based on this analysis, they develop a defense strategy to best protect their client's interests.
- Representation in Court: Defense lawyers represent their clients in court proceedings, including arraignments, pretrial hearings, trials, and sentencing. They advocate for their clients' rights, present legal arguments, and cross-examine witnesses to challenge the prosecution's case.
- Negotiation with Prosecutors: Defense lawyers negotiate with prosecutors to reach plea agreements or settlements that are favorable to their clients. They may negotiate for reduced charges, lesser penalties, or alternative sentencing options.
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering: Defense lawyers conduct investigations to gather evidence that supports their client's defense. They may interview witnesses, examine physical evidence, and review police reports to build a strong case.
- Post-Conviction Representation: If their client is convicted, defense lawyers may represent them in post-conviction proceedings, such as appeals or motions for a new trial. They continue to advocate for their client's rights and seek to overturn or modify the conviction if possible.
Overall, criminal defense lawyers play a crucial role in the criminal justice system by ensuring that individuals accused of crimes receive fair treatment and representation. They work tirelessly to protect their clients' rights and achieve the best possible outcome in their cases.
Overall, our mission is to help you secure the best possible result, whether that involves settling matters outside of court or a full-court trial in pursuit of your best interests. Our attorney and staff are committed to doing whatever it takes to help you achieve optimum results so that you can move forward in life with security and confidence.
Nearly 50 Years of Experience
Proven Track Record of Success
Admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court
Passionate About Fighting for Those in Need
When things get tough, you need an attorney who has the experience to handle your case from start to finish. This means taking your case to trial if it calls for it. Michael J. Griffith has extensive experience litigating cases in front of a jury and has acheived many victories for his clients inside the courtroom.