Embezzlement charges can cast a shadow over your personal and professional life, potentially leading to severe consequences. When facing such allegations, it is critical to have a legal professional by your side to navigate the complexities of the legal system. Michael J. Griffith, Attorney at Law, is committed to providing strategic and effective representation for individuals in Pensacola grappling with embezzlement charges.
Call Michael J. Griffith, Attorney at Law, today at (850) 495-7977 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our embezzlement attorney in Pensacola!
What is Embezzlement?
Embezzlement involves the misappropriation of funds entrusted to an individual for personal gain. It typically occurs when someone entrusted with managing or overseeing finances diverts those funds for personal use rather than their intended purpose. Embezzlement can take various forms, including:
- Falsifying Records: Manipulating financial records to cover up the misappropriation of funds.
- Skimming: Taking cash from a business's earnings before they are recorded.
- Fraudulent Disbursements: Issuing fake invoices or diverting funds through deceptive disbursements.
What are the Penalties for Embezzlement in Florida?
Being charged with embezzlement in Florida can result in severe legal consequences. The penalties for embezzlement depend on various factors, including the amount of money involved and the specific circumstances of the offense. Potential penalties may include:
- Fines: Conviction may lead to substantial fines, which can vary based on the severity of the embezzlement.
- Restitution: Courts may order the defendant to repay the embezzled funds to the victim.
- Probation: Instead of or in addition to jail time, a court may impose probation, requiring adherence to specific conditions.
- Imprisonment: Individuals convicted of embezzlement may face incarceration, with the sentence's length determined by the offense's severity.
- Criminal Record: A conviction for embezzlement can result in a permanent criminal record, affecting personal relationships and employment opportunities.
Defenses Against Embezzlement Charges
A successful defense against embezzlement charges requires a comprehensive understanding of these cases' legal nuances. Possible defenses include:
- Lack of Intent: Proving that there was no intention to permanently deprive the rightful owner of the funds.
- Mistaken Identity: Establishing that the accused party was not the individual responsible for the embezzlement.
- Insufficient Evidence: Challenging the prosecution's evidence and questioning the validity of their case.
- Consent: Arguing that the alleged embezzlement had the owner's or employer's consent.
- Duress or Coercion: Providing evidence that the accused acted under duress or coercion.
Navigating these defenses requires a strategic and knowledgeable approach. Michael J. Griffith, Attorney at Law, possesses the expertise to assess the unique aspects of your case and tailor a defense strategy that aligns with your specific circumstances.
Contact Our Pensacola Embezzlement Attorney Today
In the face of embezzlement charges, securing the services of a skilled legal professional is paramount. Michael J. Griffith, Attorney at Law, stands ready to advocate for individuals in Pensacola confronting embezzlement allegations. With a commitment to meticulous preparation and a comprehensive understanding of Florida's legal landscape, our firm is committed to protecting our clients' rights. If you face embezzlement charges, don't hesitate to contact us today to schedule a consultation and begin building a formidable defense.
Contact Michael J. Griffith, Attorney at Law, today to meet with our embezzlement lawyer in Pensacola!
Michael J. Griffith has earned many accomplishment over his career, including being admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court, co-authoring a book about motorcycle injury compensation, and being named to the Top 100 Lawyers in Florida. His success in achieving decisive wins for his clients is based on a passion to serve people in need, his strong sense of justice, and his unwavering support for the underdog. While you may feel the criminal or civil court systems care little about you as a person, Attorney Griffith levels the playing field with his extensive experience, skills, and client service.
Nearly 50 Years of Experience
Proven Track Record of Success
Admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court
Passionate About Fighting for Those in Need