You have been charged with a drug offense. The impact on your life could be significant. You may be facing jail time or even an extended prison sentence.
Types of Drug Charges in Florida
Florida, like many states, categorizes drug offenses into various charges, each carrying distinct legal implications. Common types of drug charges in Florida include:
- Possession: The least severe drug charge, involving the possession of controlled substances for personal use. Penalties vary based on the type and quantity of the substance.
- Possession with Intent to Sell or Distribute: Involves possessing controlled substances with the intention of selling or distributing them. Penalties are more severe than simple possession charges and may include prison sentences and fines.
- Trafficking: This charge applies when individuals are involved in the transportation, sale, or distribution of large quantities of controlled substances. Trafficking convictions often lead to mandatory minimum sentences and substantial fines.
- Manufacturing or Cultivation: Involves the production or cultivation of controlled substances. Penalties depend on factors such as the type and quantity of drugs involved.
- Prescription Drug Fraud: Illegally obtaining prescription medications or engaging in fraudulent activities related to prescription drugs can result in criminal charges.
- Drug Paraphernalia Possession: This charge pertains to possessing equipment or materials intended for the use, manufacture, or cultivation of illegal drugs.
Understanding the specific type of drug charge is crucial, as it influences the severity of potential penalties. Legal representation is essential for navigating the complexities of drug charges in Florida, as experienced attorneys can assess the circumstances, build a strong defense, and work towards mitigating the consequences associated with these charges.
Fighting To Keep You Out Of Prison
You need a lawyer who will fight for you. At the law firm of Michael J. Griffith, P.A., we devote much of our practice to helping people facing drug charges and other offenses that require an aggressive criminal defense. We have served the people of Pensacola, Florida, and the entire state for more than 40 years.
Working To Get The Charges Dismissed Or Reduced
We know you may have made a mistake or a poor choice. Our first goal will be to have the charges dismissed or reduced. We will investigate your case. Perhaps the facts were misrepresented by law enforcement officers. You may have been subjected to an illegal search, tainting the evidence seized. Other weaknesses in the prosecution’s case may make it difficult to prove the charges you are facing. We will use our years of experience and our extensive knowledge of criminal law to challenge the evidence against you and fight for your rights.
A Proven Track Record
Contact us if you have been charged with drug possession or another drug-related offense. Our criminal defense attorneys have a proven track record of aggressively fighting charges on behalf of our clients. We will use investigators, witness statements and every resource we have to get the best results possible for you. We will be your dynamic ally in court.
Michael J. Griffith has earned many accomplishment over his career, including being admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court, co-authoring a book about motorcycle injury compensation, and being named to the Top 100 Lawyers in Florida. His success in achieving decisive wins for his clients is based on a passion to serve people in need, his strong sense of justice, and his unwavering support for the underdog. While you may feel the criminal or civil court systems care little about you as a person, Attorney Griffith levels the playing field with his extensive experience, skills, and client service.
Nearly 50 Years of Experience
Proven Track Record of Success
Admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court
Passionate About Fighting for Those in Need