Dedicated To Recovering Compensation For Your Additional Damages
Many insurance policies offer coverage for a variety of damages for injury victims. Unfortunately, many insurance companies try to avoid paying this coverage. Even if a victim files a perfectly valid claim for additional damages outside of medical bills, the insurer might deny these in bad faith.
It is crucial to have an attorney on your side against insurance corporations. Clients throughout Florida turn to Michael J. Griffith, P.A., for help from an attorney determined to recover the maximum compensation available. Michael J. Griffith knows the strategies to use to make sure that the insurance company covers your damages – even if it tries to avoid it.
What Are Some Common Types Of Damages?
The best-understood and most common form of damages are medical expenses such as hospital bills, prescription medication and physical therapy. This makes sense, as the bills resulting from a motorcycle crash or another accident can total hundreds of thousands of dollars. However, you can also seek compensation for damages such as:
- Loss of use: Loss of use refers to the cost of losing your motorcycle, vehicle, bicycle or other piece of property damaged in an accident.
- Loss of earning potential: If your injuries mean that you have to take a lower paying job, you can seek the wages stand to lose.
- Lost wages: You can also seek to recover the past wages you lost from missing work due to your accident.
- Pain and suffering: This nonmonetary damage seeks to put a price on the physical pain and emotional turmoil of an injury.
- Loss of consortium: When a spouse or relative dies, the companionship you lose is referred to as loss of consortium.
It is very complex to try to calculate the total value of your injury claim. The insurance company will almost certainly offer you much less money than you deserve. Before you accept a settlement, speak with an attorney who can advocate for your rights.
Request A Free Consultation About Your Damages
If you suffered an injury because of an accident or you lost a loved one in a wrongful death accident, we can help you. Mr. Griffith has the knowledge to calculate an accurate value of your claim, maximize your recovery and make sure you get fair coverage for your damages. To request a free initial consultation, please call his Pensacola office at 850-433-9922 or send him an email. You do not pay any fees upfront.